Two Smart Children

This morning I taught 2 students. They are 2 children, brother and sister. The sister was in 4th year of elementary school and the brother was 2nd year of elementary school.

Both students were very smart. Because this was my first ime in teaching them, so I tried to find out their English skills and capability. I did the following things :

1. "Please Take" game.
In this game, I devided some cards. The cards were having two faces, one face was in English, and the other face was in Bahasa Indonesia. After I distributed 15 cards (I put the words in Bahasa in the front, and the English ones in the back side) I asked them to follow my instructions :"Please take ....................". After doing for 15 times, finally the brother could get 7 cards, and the sister had 7 cards, too. That was great.

2. Q n A games.
I asked some questions in English and the had to answer my questions.
- If I am thirsty, I drink a glass of .......................................... (they answer :"water").
- etc etc
- Seven times seven is ................................ ("fourty nine", they said).
- etc etc

3. Spelling B
I asked the to spell the words that I mentioned. Out of 6 words they could answer all! That's great!.

4. Sing some songs.
I turned on my laptop and then I played the DVD.
I turned on 4 songs, and asked them to follow the song. The result was :"They could do all perfectly". Fantastics.

From above test, I concluded that they were in basic 3 level. So I will adjust the lesson which I will give them in the next meetings.@


--------------------------------------------
Gaining Good English
http://kursus-inggris01.blogspot.com/
--------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment