Teaching English By Audio

This morning I tought English for a private group.

The group consisted of 2 person. They are not basic learners but intermediate level. Their English is not that bad, but offcourse their vocabularies must improved in order to have better speaking and listening.

After I finished arranging my laptop, I started to turn on the VCD in my laptop.

The listening article was about Singapore. Due to the lack of the vocabularies they had, so the conversation didn't run well.

I tried hard to find the chance to make a "click" in my teaching. Finally I got a click. After listening the article, I asked them to make an imaginary situation, that one day they had a trip to Singapore and I asked them to make a short story after I told them and shown them the picture of some Singapore beauties.

Yes. Finally it worked.

My target that my students will speak up became a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment